Here’s a short summary of the Membership Crash Course, which also makes for a handy step-by-step guide for starting your own membership program with Steady. After all this input, now is a great time to start your own membership program. Are you ready?
What you have learned in the Membership Crash Course
1. Memberships are the future for independent media makers: Members support projects and personalities sustainably – not because they have to, but because they want to. As a publisher, you gain independence without having to do extra work.
2. You only need two things to offer memberships: Content that you publish regularly and a passionate community.
3. You can build a community in just two simple steps: Collect users’ email addresses and build a more personal relationship with personalized emails, surveys or polls.
4. You can easily estimate how much you will earn: At least five percent of your community will support you with an average of five euros per month.
5. There are at least four paths to the ideal membership program: Once you select your strategy, you will be able to quickly come up with suitable benefits for your members.
6. Use your mission statement to convince potential members: Find the one thing that moves your community and consistently focus your communication on this unique selling point.
Ready, Steady, Go
Instead of building a membership program entirely on your own, you can simply use Steady. Then you don’t need to worry about software development, accounting or design – we’ll do the hard work for you. Just create a Steady project and set up your Steady page: Use these easy step-by-step instructions.
A couple of tips for promoting your membership program
Read our blog to find out which marketing tools you can use to promote your membership program before and following your launch.
Once you have published your Steady page, let your community know that they can support you: Here are 9 tips for how and where to promote your membership program.
The key to a close relationship with your community is transparency in your communication. Read how to talk about Steady and your membership
Finally, we have one last tip: Don’t put it off! Many successful Steady publishers have admitted they wish they’d gotten started sooner. If you take twenty minutes now, you might be able to welcome your first members tomorrow.
Follow us on Twitter or Facebook to stay up-to-date or become part of our Independent Media Community. There you will find interesting ideas for media makers and have the opportunity to swap notes with other media makers.
Still have questions?
Send Manuel a message!
He wrote the crash course and will be happy to help you.
Back to the overview.